Thursday 5 June 2014

"No fear of God in this place."

"No fear of God in this place."


John Francis 


 
The Bible daily by disciple John

Genesis. 20:11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake.

When I read what Abraham did by subterfuge, when he claimed that Sarah was his sister I don't think it was necessary wrong, because no harm happened to either Abraham or his wife. Also God spoke to Abimelech king of Gerar and as a result he feared Abram and more important, the people started fearing God.

When there is no fear of God, people are careless about their lives, and they do not obey what God says in the Bible. I know there are a lot more scriptures that exhort us to fear God. I believe that we Christians should have an awe and respect for God that shows every time we speak, and by all our actions.

I remember a preacher saying some years ago that we should not be using the name of our Lord in a casual way. This struck home with me, and after thinking about what he was saying, I have since then I have tried to prefix the name Jesus with "Lord" or follow the name Jesus with "Christ" said Lord.

Prayer: Thank you Lord our God for revealing to us the importance of giving you proper respect and reverence and the need for us to walk in holiness that your will be done your kingdom come. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

No comments: