Monday 25 November 2013

HOW TO WIN THE BATTLE OF THE MIND 1 & 2 VIDEO

Disciple John's profile photo
1john1v3@gmail.com
Servant of God


Now Deepen Your Relationship with God

Colossians 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Battle for the mind
This text reminded me of where it says we were enemies in our minds by wicked works. Next I discovered there were 53 verses in my New Testament about the mind, and I was very surprised, as I have heard few sermons about the mind. Matthew 22:37-39 says we are to love the Lord our God and our neighbor with all our mind.

That tells me our minds are to be filled with love for God and our neighbor. Here are some of the scriptures I found:
Romans 8:7 Tells us that a sinful mind is an enemy of God
Romans 12:1-2 Says we renew our minds by submitting our lives to Christ Jesus.
1 Corinthians. 2:16 Paul says the spiritual person has the mind of Christ.
Ephesians 4:23-24 Renewed in the Spirit of our mind.

I learn from all this that God must take over my mind only then will I be the new creation I should be. I know a lot of sin starts with a thought in the mind. When God has totally taken over, I will no longer have thoughts that are not from God. It is all about a life totally submitted to Christ and a renewed mind.

Prayer: Thank you our Heavenly father for speaking to us about our minds which we know need to be full of your love that your will be done, your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven. Through Jesus Christ our LordAmen
Disciple John's profile photo

No comments: