Friday 22 August 2014

. And I will restore to you the years


Joel 2:24-25 

And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil. And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten.

Have you ever been through a time of plenty, and then came to a time when you wondered where the money was coming from to meet your bills? I certainly have, and I know most people of my generation have been through tough times.

My experience as an investigator for nine years, and visiting people who had debts, taught me that money problems is not about income, but about spending. Some people I met were receiving what I would consider was a good income, but their spending was excessive. I also met people who really were on hard times. Where the main wage earner was unemployed due to illness, and they already had financial commitments.

I now thank God for that time, and what we learned then, that has made us appreciate what we have got now. We learned to pray and seek God for all our needs, and He met those needs time and time again. We know God as our provider in times of need, and we also know we must trust in God whether we have nothing, or if we have plenty, we must keep the faith and be content. Read Malachi 3:8-12 you will see that God rebukes those who devour what is ours, and pours out rich blessing on us who trust Him and tithe our income.

Prayer: Thank you our Heavenly Father for your love, compassion and mercy towards us, that your will be done and your kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven. Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

Disciple John's profile photo
Disciple John
  

No comments: